donate to ya boy

Sunday, April 15, 2012

tiny grandpa in a pocket

I'm
stuck
on the thought of you
like a siamese twin.
its your laughter I rerun
all day in my head...
like its been said
now & again...
...threw your soft breaths
or my heavy winds.
you are the butter
to my bread...
fed love threw open roads...
hope...
singed memories we'll add to our memoirs when were older
though...
its playtime right now...let the answers we seek be so...
bold claims & calm strokes
heart attacks of fear...because we're so in love.
lust...
we're such lushes...
hips shutter & wake as the waves break
and the next door neighbors start their day...
and the sun is in my eye
again...
i need some time...this time though forget to think for a minute
let my soul mirror the flow...
let the script do its business..Ill play my role...of the heart broken or hero...
collect the dust in this frontal lobe
ashes scattered to the wind two years ago
...today...
because I know the pain of letting go.
we've grown so old together...
grown so wise...
examined our very souls with microscopes!
been there in spirit so many times..
lost so many friends to the tides..
but we still cuddle so close!
huddleing for warmth on these cold april mornings
when the hail falls
and the whiskey flows.
our stories of home...childhood...parents and siblings...young and old...
I wish I could stay in this moment...
in these pajamas..
under these covers...
with my lovers...giggiling uncontrollably...
until summer finally decides to show.
but we have the rest of our lives to unfold...
holding hands & blowing smoke
watching the dogs battle like gladiators in our own little universe
these moments
I cherish
so...

No comments:

Post a Comment